Followers Went Down …….It Happens

“You are following this blog, along with 335 other amazing people (manage).”

Talk about a mood breaker if I’d let it be one. So Far , I haven’t .
When I first got back on here an hour or so ago there were 339 other amazing people here.
I remember WHY on Facebook years Ago I turned off the friend numbers early on.
I didn’t like the silly wondering what I was doing wrong?
Nothing.
Not everyone is going to want to get emails and posts coming from me all the time.
I get that and I understand it.
I feel the same way about other people’s STUFF sometimes…even if I like their blog or page.

I may take the counter off at some point. At least for awhile. ????

1. warmsio2 says:

I enjoy your blog, you motivational tuesdays, hearing how you are doing in the hospital and your road to recovery and getting out! Keep blogging! I find writing very therapudic when I am having a rough time and I need to vent πŸ™‚

1. I appreciate you saying that…
      When you do need to VENT, remember I am here.

1. warmsio2 says:

I will remember that! Thank you! Most of the time when I want to vent it is about my husband and he reads my blog….. I love him dearly but he makes me crazy sometimes!

2. Anand says:

Sarah, stop worrying about numbers. If I worried about numbers, I’d stop blogging. Honestly. Actually, I don’t even remember if I’ve got a counter on my blog. Actually, there mustn’t be or I’d laugh me own head off. You are one of the bravest, coolest, and most dedicated blogger I know, and you inspire me – a lot.

1. I do have my faults. I get excited like everyone does about the numbers going up. I am sensitive. Too Sensitive.
      Knowing it is silly is one thing…..It is the child in me coming out…..
      I am smiling though.
      Love your compliments….
      It is hard believing in yourself once you have been knocked down again and again.
      Anand, I think you are pretty special as well.

3. I too have a love/hate relationship with the counter and wonder if too much of my energy is focused on those darn numbers. It’s kind of like going to a bar or restaurant that has a TV on. I don’t like that there is a TV there but I find I find myself looking at it constantly (behind my compnion’s head). I wish the TV wasn’t there so I can focus on the person I am with. But it is there pulling my attention…

1. Beatriz, I love the TV connection. Fortunately , I don’t have that problem. Only reason WHY, I never seem to like ANYTHING that is on. LOL Danny will do that. He loves TV and we don’t have service at home….Attennia only and with the bad lightening storms we have the wire hasn’t been hooked up in week.
      so he watches it and I get upset.
      I am really enjoying the Blogging classes and I am learning a lot. But sometimes I think I was better off BEFORE I started them.
      I get too involved. I can’t stop commenting on something I like. Next thing I know I am following that person.
      Which is good except now I can’t really keep up with any of them….LOL
      I enjoy it all though and I needed to DO something. I was in a rut at home. A bad one.
      I love interacting with all of you. So Thank you. Enjoy your weekend. Sarah

4. Those of us that are here want to be here. Didn’t you recently separate 2 blogs? Maybe they preferred the other one and will follow you there.

1. Good thought. I just am going to TRY and not pay as much attention to it.
      It is not good anyway. I blog because I enjoy it…That comes first. I need to remember that.
      HUgs

2. Good thought. I just am going to TRY and not pay as much attention to it.
      HUgs

5. Catherine says:

Here’s the way I see it. If my followers go down, it may be for a few reasons. A. That person may find me totally annoying and just cannot take my useless ramblings anymore. B. Oops! I wrote something that they certainly did not agree with. 3. They don’t want the email notifications. 4. Their choice. What I can learn is that you just cannot please all the people all the time. Keep pushing. Trust me–at times I’m completely baffled as to why I seem to be in the WordPress group of people who don’t have that many followers–especially when I see that some blogs have a gazillion followers. Then I think–“hey! I’m writing for me and the small circle of friends who are following my blog. I LOVE my little circle of friends–they mean everything and keep me motivated.! You have a great blog and I consider me among YOUR little circle of friends. I’m following you girlfriend! And enjoying!

1. I agree Catherine! Ditto what Catherine said!

1. I shouldn’t have let it bother be.

2. Catherine, Thank you.
      I couldn’t handle the BIG numbers anyway. I can’t keep up with the ones who follow me now.
      I will always want to remain in contact with the ones who follow me. I don’t ever want to get too big that I don’t know them.
      I love our conversations….
      You have some awesome points.
      Even I wouldn’t want to read all of my ramblings ALL the time.LOL And Emails are overwhelming. I have a lot of blogs I finally added to my weekly list. Way to many even then.
      I love your little blog and I consider it an honor to be in YOUR little circle of friends. . You are certainly in mine.
      Enjoy your DAY.
      Sarah

6. I’m sure it’s nothing personal πŸ™‚ You have a lovely blog here! I’m just visiting for the first time now

1. The timing was strange though. I had just posted a couple of thought provoking posts.LOL
      I am just overly sensitive right now. Silly at my age.
      Thank you. I am glad you did get a chance to visit. Have a wonderful weekend. πŸ™‚

2. The timing was strange though. I had just posted a couple of thought provoking posts.LOL
      I am just overly sensitive right now. Silly at my age.

3. You’ll love it here!

7. Chris White says:

I know … the numbers game can be frustrating. I think Vibrant is correct. Let it go. You have a fine blog. I take what I need from it. Leave the counter on is my advice. All the very best. Kris.

8. Vibrant says:

Yes you are supposed to take a different opinion to. That is what is called constructive feedback πŸ™‚
    It’s a different thing to be involved in heated arguments and altercations and quite another to try passing your independent views politely on a matter πŸ™‚

I have learned most from my online friends by discussing and am learning a lot now.
    I feel you can manage whether to receive notifications from the blogs you follow or not. You need not to unfollow them πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Anand

1. Oh I have to intention of unfollowing them. I just may take off the number counter part and just leave : you are following this blog.
      I am not upset at them at all. I expect the numbers to go up and down. It was just a surprise to see I lost 4 in an hour.
      I worry too much sometimes.
      I am good.
      Thank you.

1. Vibrant says:

We all worry sometimes πŸ™‚ It’s good to take a few fresh deep breath and let-go. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Welcome, dear πŸ™‚

1. Leaving the counter . Thank you.

1. Vibrant says: