Sarah’s Attic Of Treasures Photo Prompt : There’s No Place Like Home

I got the photo prompt from Serendipity.
7-doors1

SERENDIPITY PHOTO PROMPT 2015 – 21: NO PLACE LIKE HOME

Thank you Marilyn.

There’s No Place Like Home…….
and because we are all thinking about it:

There’s No Place Like Home

There’s No Place Like Home.

Are we home yet?

I have called 3 states home  A number of apartments, houses and even an RV were home at various times in my life.
Illinois.
Vintage Metal License Plate 1984 Illinois Land of Lincoln License Plate Vintage License Tag Cream and Blue License Tag
Colorado.

Florida

I have shared numerous times how I feel about all 3.
They all are beautiful places.
They each have offered different things.
Each state has served me well.

The doors in Marilyn’s post made me think. 7-doors1Which one of those doors would I ike to go through?
Which one, if any would I chose to stay?
None of them. To visit, Yes. To live:
No WAY.

Camelot and it’s history fascinates me.

The Legend Of King Arthur: Camelot DVDKing Arthur, Guinevere  And Lancelot

The Quest for Camelot

A new Camelot was created.

There will be great presidents again but there will never be another Camelot. - Jackie Kennedy
Was Mrs. Kennedy right? I believe she was.

Wonderland?

“Where do you want to go”?
Do we even know?
I really don’t know where I fit in but it certainly isn’t here.

Neverland?

Neverland (2011) Poster
Neverland: Not in a million years…..Yet, I love the movies…..
Any of the other  ones mentioned?
So where is home?

Good night from Our Neck Of The Woods
Love Sarah

1. Any chance of getting your husband to move?

2. Kathy says:

Hi Sarah, I enjoyed reading your post. We share all 3 states as previous places we’ve lived, plus for me a bunch more places around the world. I like to try and think of being “at home” in myself/my body, but I do find the external physical location: climate, landscape, culture, etc has influenced specifically where I feel more comfortable in the world and where I feel less comfortable. Which is why I prefer to view myself as a visitor to earth and my body is my “spacecraft” 🙂 and I am a traveler/explorer – that way I don’t feel so bad when I don’t feel at home and when my body breaks down (doing that a lot lately) I don’t take it so personally! Is that crazy logic? Anyway, thanks for sharing your post!! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Hi Kathy, I would love this area if I could enjoy the summers. For awhile, when I first moved here, I did ok in the summer months. It’s amazing how much difference the climate is than it was back then. The average high is about 7 degrees more in the summertime and even more in the winter time.
      My health was better back then .
      I was also running away from grief although I didn’t realize it at the time.
      I love so many things about our life.
      I am so glad to hear from you again. It had been awhile. Hugs

1. Kathy says:

Hi Sarah, Thanks for saying Hi back! I’ve been traveling (no joke!). Got here and found no internet connection, so I’ve been “disconnected” 🙂 . I am going to have to limit my blogging time, I can see that now. Too much work and too little time.
        I lived in Florida for about 15 years (off/on) and also had a hard time with summers but thought the winters were perfect – for me anyway. I loved it there. Though I prefer summers in Colorado – hiking.
        Take good care in that climate there and looking forward to reading your next post!! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. I just can’t be outside go outside and for someone who loves the outdoors, that is really hard.
          At least you get to travel. LOL

1. Kathy says:

I understand! For an outdoor person to be inside is awful. Traveling for work has it’s downsides, believe me. Guess there’s always something… 🙂

1. Yes there is.
              I loved teaching but got to where I hated seeing the parents…LOL

3. When I was younger, I would love to live in Camelot, Oz, Neverland or any fantasy land I have read about. I’ve dreamed I’m there or create my own when harsh realities strikes me on the real world. However, it is indeed different when you have a family of your own. Home is where my heart is – with those I cherish, care and love…where they go, I’ll go. It’s not the place, it’s the people and the love.

1. I often get caught between the place and the one I love. I love my husband but really have trouble living where it is hot and humid 8 months out of the year.I don’t do well healthwise here. Or mentally. Yet, I love Danny with all my heart.
      I moved here for LOVE and LOVE ONLY.

Liked by 1 person

1. Danny is so blessed to have you. In my case it’s the other way around. My husband moved here with me as I’m not yet ready to live where he lived and also there’s a hard time finding income on his place as we are just starting a family. However, I would love to live there someday as it has a clean, fresh air and silence since it’s a rural area. 🙂

1. Maybe one day you will be able to. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. When faced with that conundrum in the past, I’ve replied with the statement, “well, only one of those places has modern plumbing!” Things often aren’t as idyllic as you’d imagine them, and we’d all get bored of wonderlands if we lived in them 🙂

Liked by 2 people

1. Modern Plumbing , Electricity….AC….
      I want it all.
      We would get bored.

5. Vibrant says:

Beautiful pictures and message.

Thanks for sharing Sarah.

Have a great day ahead.

Anand

Liked by 1 person

1. It’s been a good day. A good morning with Danny. A very quiet afternoon. I slept for 4 hours.
      Hugs

1. Vibrant says:

Glad to know that Sarah. Say my hello to Danny and good night 🙂 🙂 Hugs!

Liked by 1 person

1. We just got done talking for about 2 hours. He got home around 8:30 and called me right away. Thanks for all of the hugs.

1. Vibrant says:

Glad to know Sarah. More love and light ❤

1. I am wide awake and feeling good.

2. I am wide awake and feeling good.

1. Vibrant says:

Glad to know that Sarah 🙂

1. Vibrant says:

Hello Sarah,
                    Getting very little sleep are you?

Liked by 1 person

1. Well I did sleep for 4 hours yesterday afternoon.

2. Vibrant says:

Good to go then 🙂

6. Funny how many of us are happiest at home. Sign of our age? Or sign that we’ve finished with the gypsy life and want to be settled into a place where we are comfortable and familiar. Thank you so much for participating!!

Liked by 2 people

1. I long to travel only because We have been any where for years.
      Yet, you are right Marilyn, the older I get, the more of a homebody I am…..
      Of course, I have always loved being at home.
      Have you left for your vacation yet? Enjoy.

Liked by 1 person

Please Comment. I don't care how long or how short. I want to hear from you.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s