I Am Loved – Friday, September 4, 2015

Home!
4Ksiz

We all dream. We all have things we long for.

All this week I worried about how I was going to cope.
I’m not suppose to do anything.
Not that I could if I wanted to.
All this week, I had worried about how I was going to get in and out of Danny’s truck.
I have trouble getting in on a good day,
I really worried about that.
I never said a word to Danny.
I needn’t have worried
Danny told me that in the middle of the night last night, he thought about that himself.
He called Charlie and woke him up,
to ask if he could use Charlie’s wife’s car to bring me home.

Danny NEVER asks  anyone for favors.
Never.

We pulled up to the entrance gate at Rolling Meadows and I cried while we were waiting for the gate to open.
Danny thought I was upset that it needed mowing.
I told him I was just glad to be home.
We started down the lane and I continued to cry.
All the stress from the past 2 weeks.
All the emotions from the weeks and months before.
The sleepless nights.
The Cancer Scare.
I was crying for all of those reasons.
I was crying because it could have been much worse.
I was crying because I was HOME.
We hadn’t reached the house yet and the radio went off.
A chorus of
“Is she home yet”?”
“Welcome home,Sarah”.
“We’ve  missed you”.
I heard from everyone.
I am loved.
I hobbled in the door.
Mr. Bojangles about knocked me over.
Yes, I am loved.

1. Boy, I really get how good it is to be home. I’m hoping I can reblog this to you next summer when I’m back home in New Orleans. I sure hope so!! Thanks for sharing this, Sarah!! I’m glad you’re home too!

1. I will wait for it to come.
      I love New Orleans. If the climate would have been better I would have spent more time there.

2. Annie says:

So great to hear you’re home! Love will help you heal faster. Get some rest. xx

1. I have been. Love does help. Being home is good. 🙂

3. New Journey says:

welcome home….deep breathes….hard part over….what a wonderful man…see they do think about us !!!

1. You are s right. They DO think of us. Maybe not in the ways we need them to much of the time, but when push comes to shove they are there for us. 🙂

4. What a beautiful story. Now I’m crying! I’m happy to hear you are listening to Elvis and enjoying your evening! 😎

1. I crashed soon after I wrote it. Slept pretty good for me. 🙂 🙂

5. shyutgal says:

I’m so glad you’re home!! 😀 Welcome back! Thank you for posting too, it would have been understandable if you had not, had taken these precious moments to just savor being HOME. And of course you’re loved. Obviously many people value you deeply! I hope your foot heals quickly and that everything is just as you’d like! 😀

1. Danny is quickly reverting to his old ways. LOL 🙂 He wears his headphones all the time. Volume turned up. So if and when I need him I have to yell. By the time he gets in here to help, I could have done it by myself. LOL 🙂

6. Erika Kind says:

Oh my, how lovely. You are defintely loved. What a warm welcome home and how lovely Danny cared. I am so happy for you, Sarah 💖

1. It was nice. It would have been NICE if he had gone to the grocery store. We don’t have much on hand and he isn’t a very cook cook. Soup and sandwiches for supper. As in cheap canned soup. LOL But he made a grilled cheese sandwich. He didn’t want to but I asked if he would make them. He loves them . As long as I am the one making them

1. Erika Kind says:

That is lovely. He does what is in his ability. I feel a lot of love flowing through this all. Wonderful!

1. Danny is back to being Danny. He keeps forgetting I need help. We’re home so all is normal. 🙂

1. Erika Kind says:

Oh well…

2. Yes he does. Most of the time. He intentionally does it at times as well. He does admit to that. Our childhoods were so different.

1. Erika Kind says:

You are grown ups now with a history…

7. You are so LOVED!!! I’m happy dancing for you!! Blessings galore to you and your family, MW

1. MW, I’d dance to if I could. Hugs.