Writing 101- Assignment Day 4 – A Story In A Single Image- Thursday, September 10, 2015

Day 4: A story in a single image :GOMY9CQSvmjKLxigsfxg_Attic
T
his looks like an attic window.
I didn’t even check today’s assignment until I started this post around 2 PM.
My initial reaction though was : I saw windows that I look out every day.
I sit all day, most days, looking out of the windows in the screened in porch.
It’s a beautiful room.
There are 4 huge windows that let me see the front yard, the bunkhouse, both sides of the house and 3 different cow pastures. If I look outside of this room, I can see the French Doors and light coming in. Further on I can see the kitchen and the back door  and the leaves from the trees outside.
It’s a beautiful place to be.
Looking out these windows I see the activities going on throughout the days .
I enjoy watching the turkey’s.
I love seeing the deer.
Listening to the birds.
I love watching the sun come up in the mornings and watching  it go down in the evenings.
Today though, all I really saw were the 20 plus cars and trucks that met here on Rolling Meadows Ranch. Most of which parked in front of the house. I saw them all come in around 8 AM.  I then saw all of the men get back into their vehicles and drive off around 2:15 PM.
I saw Water Management’s 2 Swamp Buggies go by and then come back out , hours apart.
I knew what they were here for and where they were going.

Along with these men…..from Water Management, Army Corps Of Engineers, Fish and Wildlife, were Lake Kissimmee State Park Staff. They were Park Manager, Assistant  Park Manager, Biologist and and Danny, Park Ranger LKSP  and Rolling Meadows Ranch Resident Park Ranger.
I was suppose to be there as well.
This is OUR Project. Part of the Restoration Of Rolling Meadows Ranch.

So Why was I sitting behind the windows looking out?
Once again, I was sidelined by Lupus and Fibro.
I might have been able to climb into one of the swamp buggies. Maybe.
I might have been able to handle the 90 degree heat and high humidity.
I might have been able to handle being outside all day, because the sun was never out very much.
I wasn’t able to go because I’d been up since 5 AM puking my guts out.

I had looked forward to this day for months.
We have been waiting to RE-START The Restoration Project. We have the money needed to go ahead. Plans have been made.

I was suppose to be there….With Danny as an official part of this project.
Instead, Once again I was stuck behind the windows looking out.
So All I SAW WERE PRISON WALLS HOLDING ME INSIDE

This is not part of the assignment. I am ok. Yes, I had a very bad day.
I also made use of it. I tuned in and was able to hear all the conversation going on over the radio from today’s adventure. I was able to comment.
I had people taking photos and will share them with me.

Now I need to get off. Danny is due home.
I need to put a SMILE on my face and listen to him tell me Everything that took place out in OUR NECK OF THE WOODS TODAY,
Love from Sarah

1. Reblogged this on Sarah's Attic Of Treasures and commented:

Thank God I am feeling human once again.

2. Chemo is awful, just brutal on the body. Your reflections are touching and I can feel how much you wish you were out there. Keep writing and stay connected. Focus on progress and you’ll get there. Wishing you better days ahead.

Liked by 1 person

1. D, thank you. I really appreciate this.I long to be more active.
      All is good. I am in good spirits MOST of the time.
      I have been through Chemo before so I knew what to expect this time.
      Enjoy you weekend. >3

Liked by 1 person

1. Same to you, Sarah. Hugs.

3. I felt bad when I read the chemo is bothering you. Hang in there Sarah… hang in there. Everyday is a new day and you will be stronger than you know it.

Kia / KTS

1. Kia, I honestly don’t know if it is the chemo or the lupus /fibro.
      It is just something I have . It’s a huge part of my life.
      I am good mentally. Oh, I have had a few tears….but on the whole…I am good. Hugs

4. sorry the chemo is making you feel so bad! Sadly there is no quick cure for that other than making sure you eat something. Soup is a good meal to try. Hugs 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Tandy, Danny bought out the store.
      Plus I made a bunch of chicken broth and chicken soup before I went in the hospital. I made lot’s of it. LOL

2. Tandy, How are you? Needless to say , I am behind on reading about your adventures. HUGS

5. DeepikaBurli says:

Hey Sarah, I’ve nominated you for the Infinity Dreams Award! Hope you accept it and if you do, you can check it out here – https://theidlerchannel.wordpress.com/2015/09/14/the-infinity-dreams-award/ ! Have a great day and Happy Blogging! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Deepika, I am honored and I wish I could accept this wonderful award. Chemo is has been hard on me and I just can’t take this on right now. Thank you for it though. Happy Blogging. ❤

Liked by 1 person

1. DeepikaBurli says:

I hope you get well soon Sarah! These awards are just for fun… What’s important to me more than you accepting this award is to be able to read the wonderful posts on your blog! Take care and happy blogging! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you for understanding.
          I am feeling much better. I am very glad to have you drop by. Here’s to a great week.

Liked by 1 person

6. Touching post. It reminds me that we so often respond to people, to our situations in a bit of distance, like you started describing what you saw, and you did that so well, I could feel the air and smell the cows (sort of). Then you went deeper as you went along and revealed what you were really feeling inside while all this view goes on around you, the activities you so wanted to participate in. We all live our lives and view our worlds from the inside looking out. But we don’t show it, we just show the view, not the feelings. You’ve done a wonderful job sharing how it is with you, on this particular day. We live in the moments of our lives. Writing does this, it gets us in touch with our inner selves. And if you are brave enought to share that with a world of strangers, you’ve set the bar for the rest. I say, write on!

Liked by 1 person

1. This means a lot to me. I had never really shared myself like this before except to a chosen few. SAOT is suppose to be fun. But a blog is not like a page on Facebook, a blog is who we are .
      Right now I am someone who desperately wants to rejoin the world around me. My world…work everything is RIGHT outside my windows.
      Thank you so very much for this comment / HUGS Sarah

Liked by 1 person

7. copd4real says:

Feel better. The chemo journey you’re on is hard, so be kind to you.
    Cooler weather is coming, and they won’t finish the project overnight.

You wiil get to play, too !

Liked by 1 person

1. No the project is just in the bidding stage right now.
      It’s not everyday we can go certain places in the SWAMP BUGGY, But you are right. There will be plenty f time to PLAY. And Danny and I do. We can use one of water managements smaller swamp buggies any time we want to. Or at least most of the time. Thank you for reminding me of the other times.
      Have a great week.

8. Eva Prim says:

Dear Sarah,
    please be careful, don’t try to rush things, doing more then your body seems fit for. You have to conquer a terrible disease. Being healthy again, as much as possible, is your top priority. Do everything that feels good for you, leaving the rest. I do understand how sad you feel not being able to join the project you were looking forward to. And yet you had the strength to write. I hope you will keep that strength. With lots of love, Eva

9. Catherine says:

Hug to you..XOXOXOX!!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Today was brutal. The more determined I was to go along this morning the sicker I got. I am better not . Sort of.

Please Comment. I don't care how long or how short. I want to hear from you.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s