Life At The Park – We’re Flooded – Water Is Finally Receding Slowly- Wednesday- September 16, 2015

59071_737821239615260_8054908916770414021_n
Right in back of the camp sites.
10455761_737829359614448_1309522452526441612_n
Park Drive

Park Drive : These were taken awhile ago. It looks a little better on Park Drive. There are still places where the water covers the road.

The Day Use Area is a bit higher as are the actual campsites.
Park Drive is four miles long.

Park Drive
Park Drive

Β )

1. New Journey says:

send us your water…..

1. I wish I could. It seems it is always too much or too little. How dry are you?

1. New Journey says:

5 -6 years dry….need it bad….how you feeling???

1. WOW. That is serious,
          I had a doctors appointment this morning. All is good. It wore me out and I slept for hours. I feel terrible but not as bad as I did yesterday, I feel like I have a bad case of the flu right now more than anything. That is normal for me.

1. New Journey says:

hang in there sounds like your on the mend….and your body needs rest and that’s all good…

1. It is on the mend. I am handleing the chemo. All is as it should be.
              Smiling here. πŸ™‚

1. New Journey says:

fantastic….that’s all you can ask for….

1. Yes it is.
                  πŸ™‚

2. shyutgal says:

You guys didn’t get flooded out at your HOUSE did you? Oh my goodness!!

1. No, We had standing water for days in certain areas but the house was good. So was everyone elses. We just have had wet shoes/boots for months.
      It’s been a year and a half of more rain than usual. Almost every day since March ?????

3. yhealthy2000 says:

Hope all that water recedes and you all enjoy the park again. It’s looks like the park has beautiful old trees. They look awesome.

1. Those are live oaks and yes they are old. I never tire of looking at them.
      The park drive still had water on it this morning but wasn’t flooded. First time in a 2 weeks.
      All it would take it another good rain and it would be right back up there.
      πŸ™‚

4. de Wets Wild says:

Lots of water! Hope you and the park’s facilities are all unscathed!

1. Hi there,
      Yes, all of the buildings are good. They are higher. Most of them have had new roofs put on in recent years as well.
      How are things In your Neck Of The Woods?

1. de Wets Wild says:

All well, thanks Sarah. Nice spring weather at the order of the day here in Pretoria!

1. We are seeing a preview of fall here at times. Not often yet but I feel it coming. I couldn’t say that a week ago. I am glad you had a nice sprng there. Hopefully it will contunue.
          πŸ™‚

1. de Wets Wild says:

Looking forward to some photos of beautiful autumn colours on your blog soon πŸ˜‰

1. We really don’t have fall colors here in Florida like the rest of the country does. More greens and browns than anything Sometimes we get some reds.
              You can bet I will post whatever pictures I can.
              I am just looking for cool weather and the humidity to take a long hike. Far far away.
              I missed the Fall in other parts of the country here.

1. de Wets Wild says:

I always forget that Florida has a much more tropical climate than most of the rest of the continental US πŸ˜‰

1. Tropical and Desert Looking .
                  It is totally different.
                  πŸ™‚

5. hirundine608 says:

Yikes …!!

6. mini2z says:

My goodness lots of water

1. It was actually higher but I wasn’t there.