Pay It Forward For The Month Of October – My Gift To You And A Weekly Challenge

Plus a weekly challenge.
So Hello October.
For Thursday- October

A short while ago I shared the following link from Nena at Younfolded :

Pay It Forward Friday | A Gift for You

Nena got me thinking and dreaming of what I could do to “Play It Forward”,
I had someone ask me what that meant so I included the definition here.

Googles
“pay it forward
phrase of pay
  1. 1.
    respond to a person’s kindness to oneself by being kind to someone else.

“I will take the support I have had and try to pay it forward whenever I can”

Wikipedia
    “Pay it forward is an expression for describing the beneficiary of a good deed repaying it to others instead of to the original benefactor. The concept is old, but the phrase may have been coined by Lily Hardy Hammond in her 1916 book In the Garden of Delight.”

Image result for Letters, postcard Photos

• The “pay it forward” concept was popularized with the book Pay It Forward by Catherine Ryan Hyde, which was later made into a movie with the same title, starring Helen Hunt, Haley Joel Osment, and Kevin Spacey.”

Pay It Forward

Every week in October I will post a Pay It Forward Friday.
    Something different  to do each week for someone else. If it works out I may continue doing it monthly.
    If you have any ideas for me, I would love to hear them.
    Sarahkasch@hotmail.com

Now About My  To You.
    For anyone who comments on this post with “I’m In” will receive a letter, card, postcard or a simple gift I can easily send by the end of 2015.
    You have until the end of the year. 2015
    Please email me your address so I can send your ”gift” to you.
    Copied and Pasted From Nena:
    “Maggie at MaggieMayQ and she had a great featured post on her blog about paying it forward.Image result for Letters, postcard Photos

She mentioned she saw a post on Facebook that stated the following:

“This world needs as much kindness as it can get. I’m participating in this “Pay It Forward” Initiative:

The first five people that comment on this post with “I’m in” will receive a surprise from me at some point this year (2015)), anything – a book, a ticket, something home-grown, homemade, a postcard, any surprise!”

DON’T FORGET:
    You have until the end of the year. 2015
    Please email me your address so I can send your ”gift” to you. Image result for Letters, postcard Photos

sarahkasch@hotmail.com
    It may take some time to get the your “gift” sent to you after I get your email.
    Writing by hand is a slow process for me most of the time.
    I will get them all done and to you by the end of the year.
    Image result for Letters, postcard Photos

I know , Valentine’s Day is way after the deadline but I liked the photo.

Image result for Letters, postcard Photos
    I live South Of Orlando.
    Remember:
    You have until the end of the year. 2015
    Please email me your address so I can send your ”gift” to you.

Love Sarah

1. anwyn84 says:

What a generous and wonderful idea I’m in.

2. New Journey says:

I am In…..thanks…great idea….by the way how are things with you?????

Liked by 2 people

1. I am glad I saw this tonight and not when it came in. I got SICK again this week but am finally moving around again.

1. New Journey says:

bummer about you getting sick again…glad your feeling better…how are things with you and hubby…hope alls well…kat

3. M Rehan says:

That is so sweet, Debbie (see what I did there? :P). Wish you luck with all the work you’ll have to do.

Liked by 2 people

1. The Debbie?
      No work done. I got waylaid and was in bed.

1. M Rehan says:

Haha, you got me! 😀 Get well soon. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Today was a good day. A really good day. How was yours?

1. Good. I was hoping you would be.

Liked by 1 person

4. Nena says:

Sarah, your take of doing something every week for someone else is wonderful! I think it’s a great challenge to open our eyes to those in need around us. Even with simple things like helping them carry their groceries:)

Liked by 4 people

1. I never really thought of paying it forward when I do things like I posted. I can’t buy anything for anyone but I can at least help them .
      Your post is getting a lot of hits on my blog. It is one of my top posts.

Liked by 1 person

1. Nena says:

It is now your post:) Your warmth and passion in helping others shows:)

Liked by 1 person

1. We both are. That is the way it should be.

Liked by 1 person

5. Great idea, Sarah. Pay it Forward is actually an ancient practice (dates back to pre-money systems). “Giving” was valued over “owning.” They more you were able to give away, the higher your status in the community. In a way, it bred interdependence as everyone was beholden to each other and trying to find ways to give. Money depersonalized the transaction and assigned a “trade value.” It was no longer about relationship. Sorry for the random lesson – I just find this stuff so interesting. 🙂

Liked by 3 people

1. Never apologize for the history lessons. I love them. HUGS

Liked by 1 person

6. Erika Kind says:

Hey, that is such a lovely idea, Sarah! But I hope you are aware that it can become a looooot of work 😉

Liked by 1 person

1. Yep,
      I thought of that.
      I needed to keep writing so my hands don’t lock up. I figure I could do short letters or postcards.

So are you in?
      I would really like to write to you.
      LOL

Liked by 1 person

1. Erika Kind says:

So sure, Sarah!!! This is my email, but please delete after you copied it. erika.kind@powersurf.li

Please Comment. I don't care how long or how short. I want to hear from you.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s