Tis the season … already!
This week, I was surprised to notice that Christmas is just two months away. And Thanksgiving is less than a month away. (Where has this year gone??)
I know it’s easy to get comfortable with the middle of fall, but … can I make a suggestion?
To make the rest of your 2016 go smoother, now is the time to start thinking about what you want to do over the next few months.
So if I can do a little poking around, for the sake of getting you prepared:
- What are you hoping to do for Thanksgiving?
- What Christmas traditions do you want to keep? What do you want to change?
- What do you want to add – or take away from – your December?
- Who do you want to get together with by the end of the year?
- What foods do you want to serve? Do you need to look for new recipes?
- What do you need to do in your home before you host parties? What do you need to clean?
- What in your home or yard needs finished before winter hits?
You don’t have to answer these questions today. But now’s a good time to start thinking of them, so you can begin to make plans before you’re stressing out at the last minute.
I know that I’m feeling the weight of holiday busyness – already. And I know that the best way to deal with this is to sit down – soon – and make a list of what I need to do, as well as when I need to do it.
I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!