Quieting Your Heart for the Holidays
“Quieting Your Heart for the Holidays” will run for four consecutive weeks (November 22 – December 19). I’ll be posting here on the blog, Tuesdays and Fridays. Each week we’ll tackle a unique topic:
- Quieting Your Head – Encouragement to focus on good things that nurture your soul and generate joy.
- Quieting Your Hands – Slowing down while the hustle and bustle of the season picks up, and serving with gladness and joy.
- Quieting Your Home – Setting an atmosphere of warmth and comfort in your home.
- Quieting Your Heart – A focus on 1 Peter 3:4, “[Your beauty] should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.”
– See more at: http://timewarpwife.com/a-new-series-and-an-exciting-announcement/#sthash.s8iOVLAB.dpuf
Week One :
Quieting Your Head For The Holiday
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
If you are familiar with Time-Warp Wife then you will be know who Darlene is.
The video above is an excellent example of what this study will be about.
Darlene has covered all the basis. If you don’t have your own Bible she gives you a place to go on line to read from one. A place to go to look up anything you need to.
The only things not covered is my laptop and internet service. That is my attempt at humor. I am trying to get things done and nothing Is co-0perating with me.
Facebook is NOT too hard to do. I have more trouble with WORDPRESS than anything else.
And my keyboard. It is not wanting to work tonight.
Back to the Holiday Bible Study:
I am enjoying it and we just got started.
“In the guide (find link below), you’ll find that I have selected scripture to read on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. On the alternate days it’s my hope that you’ll dig a bit deeper. For example, you could… look scripture up in your favorite commentary, read it in the interlinear Bible, look up words you want to gain a deeper understanding of, and watch sermons on the topic – See more at: http://timewarpwife.com/quieting-your-heart-for-the-holidays-todays-the-day-our-study-begins/#sthash.y5a59O4o.dpuf
There is a prayer journal to download. I am using a notebook since I don’t have a copier here.
Darlene will be posting on her BLOG Tuesdays and Fridays.